Re: [OT-fun?]What do you call a group of Sciroccos??

I vote "a SCORCH of scirocco"

-a BLOW of corrado...for the G60's
-a STREAM of jetta (bad for yellow ones)

and I'm thinking:
-a DUNG of beetle (for the new one)
&
-a CLUB of golf

and for the mexican VWs...
-a TOILET of volkswagenos

Eric
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v
AOL IM: OneSixV
MSN ID: OneSixV

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001 19:05:42 -0700 (PDT) Cheapass Ron <rapieper@yahoo.com>
writes:
> Any one read Dutch Mandel's column in the last Autoweek?  He was
> offering suggestions as to what to call groups of different cars,
> like
> a keg of Coopers or a stampede of Mustangs (a study in "collective
> nouns",
> apparently).
>
> We discussed this awhile ago.  My offering to the list and to Mr.
> Mandel was a "fist" of Sciroccos, but he emailed me back and
> pointed
> out that a "gust", "storm", or "blow" might be a better fit.  And
> any
> one is.  I like a storm of Sciroccos, myself.  BTW Mr. Mandel also
> suggested a "swarm" of Beetles.
>
> But what about the other VWs?  here are my offerings:
>
> A cart of Golfs
> A stream of Jettas
> A physic of Quantums
> A passel of Passats (alliteration, dontcha know)
> A dash of Dashers (weak)
> A colony of Rabbits (see http://www.ojohaven.com/collectives/)
> A skulk of Foxes (as above.  Mr. Mandel says "skulking")
> A blow of Corrados (it is a wind, and they are blown...)
> An ocean of 4motions....?
> A park of Eurovans (they are shaped like trailers, after all...)
>
> More wine!
>
> BTW, here's the column:

<http://www.autoweek.com/columnists/cat_content_columnists.mv?port_code=a
utoweek&cat_code=columnists&loc_code=index&content_code=00568804>