Re: [?] Fuel Pump ?

At 11:16 AM -0700 10/5/01, Craig Williams wrote:

>In my experience, I've never had the outside pump fail, only the inside
>ones.

Lucky.......

I did the suspension on my convertible 3 years ago now, and took it
in to be aligned.  As I was about to pull out into traffic, *bleah*
it died....yup, the fuel pump!  THis car doesn't have a transfer
pump, either.

A couple months ago, my Scirocco started dying on me while on the
expressway....I had put a new transfer pump in when I got it, but
apparently it was a stock one, prone to frying, 'cause it seemed to
do the same thing.  Replaced that with a good one from Mark  @ AAB,
but it STILL sputtered, so I ended up replacing the main pump too.

If you drive too long without a transfer pump (and your car is
designed to have one), you can toast the main one.

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |