[Note]: plasma/hid/xenon suggestions?

K guys, one thing you have to remember:

Regular US and Euro headlights where not designed for actual HID bulbs. The
pattern on our and any other regular cars headlights were meant for their
respective bulbs, and introducing HID in these could potentially mean you'll
blind other drivers because of the light diffusion.

That only applies to the real HID setups (xenon bulbs and transformers).
If you look closely at xenon headlights you'll notice that almost all use
projector pieces with clear lenses out front (one exception are Mercedes
headlights which don't use projectors but have an appropriate diffusion
pattern instead).

"Xenon look" bulbs shouldn't produce any noticeable glare if they're used in
a housing designed for halogen bulbs.

The diffusion pattern is the only reason that's stopped me from putting
together a real HID system with the euro headlight. Until I figure a way to
correct for the HID light output I'm going to keep running the halogens.

BTW, real xenon bulbs don't have fillaments and need electronic control
units - one way to tell them apart from the halogen bulbs with the blue
coating.

Good luck with the lights. And think of it ... the wrong lights could blind
the other drivers putting your beloved Scirocco at risk.

my $0.02 and pocket change.