RE: thoughts on breathing - long

Collin,

I have spent hours thinking what your mind is racing to digest

1) get the audi 5000 (non turbo) TB (See my link below to my tech now on
procedures)
<<http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco/Technotes/throttlebody/index.html>>

2) I performed a surgery to teh airbox, step one was to remove the "flap"
and then run the air entry to teh forefront of the car for the freshest air
and cleanest air possible (I do a lot of highway normally and behind the air
dam just does not fit that comcept to me (dusts rises from that area of the
car) link below shows what I did.
<<http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco/Technotes/Airentry/index.html>>

3) step two was to make 3 1.5" drill holes at the REAR front side of the
airbox (opposite from the front air entry) to stabilise the air flow into a
even flow instead of that single point suction area the intake make.

Result, cars runs nicely, always seems to have additional power on the
pedal, and quick respondness at the start line.
I am happy with the mods.

NOTE : I do not use K&N filter, as I always forget to clean them at teh
proper time slot, easier to change paperfilter every 3K when I do oil.

NOTE #2 : this setup will make your air filter somewhat dirtier (I use 3"
pipe from entry to airbox) but I don't care. I change teh filter more
frequently that most people do.

   /   |/_  __/ ___/  A Texan's Scirocco 1985 8v
  / /| | / /  \__ \   http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco
 / ___ |/ /  ___/ /   (AIM) patricdlc, (ICQ) 32918816