Re: Fuel mileage / fuel pump

No, it is false.  I understand people may have had problems with their pumps
and if it was from running the tank low then there are good reasons
(rust/moisture/inacurate gauge to list a couple), but generally, no.
Running the tank out of gas and trying to start it repeatedly without gas
CAN ruin a pump because the fuel lubricates and cools the pump (actually
runs through all the electricals (no oxygen so no boom)).  Those of you with
intake pumps risk ruining two pumps if you run them without any fuel running
through them!!  HTH!!

Dave