Re: Fuel mileage / fuel pump

I've only had 3 friends of mine that accedentally ran their tanks dry (one
was known for doing it) and finally it happend.  Steve came to me and said
that he just filled his tank but the car wont start.  I thought maybe he
flooded it or something.  We towed it back to my place and VIOLA!  Fuel Pump
Shot!
Well since at that time I didnt work of VW's (Didnt know how and wasnt going
to mess with something I didnt know anything about) I told him to take it to
the dealership.
I've never pulled a fuel pump out, never had to put one in other than the
manual one on the Toyota truck and chevy truck.
I also heard running a fuel injected system dry will eventually cause the
injectors to go bad (eww!)
-=John=-