Re: Fuel mileage

The top half of the gauge commonly goes slower than the bottom half.  I
think the tanks are actually bigger on top than bottom too!  But other than
that, I have had gas gauges that look really funky and show the top half
being like almost two thirds of the size of the bottom half of the gauge,
sometimes meaning that you might THINK it is half a tank but is actually
3/4s.  I don't know if this makes sense to anyone but if the tank IS bigger
on top then bottom (clearanced for rear beam or something) then the gauge
would have to be equally matched where the top part of the gauge is actually
3/4s of a tank, not 1/2 tank.  I have actually seen this on some VWs!

Chris DeLong, how is your Scirocco gas mileage?

Dave