rear pad carrier mounting bolt question

This is really for a '97 GTI, but they are more or less the same
as a 16V Scirocco.  I am doing some brake work on my sister's
car and we cannot get those damned allen head cap screws to
let go.  What have you guys that had them seriously stuck done?
If I break one off I'm screwed because it has ABS and all that
crap so it's not as simple as just dropping a Roc's rear trailing arm
assembly and drilling and tapping for new bolts.  4 years old and
frozen on worse than any older VW  I ever had + one caliper guide
pin has no grease whatsoever(was rusted in there pretty good), so
this probably was the cause of her problems.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.