Re: winter/ warming up/Scirocco

I've seen in the auto books in the past 70's and 80's that the manufacturer
doesnt want the driver to warm up the vehicle, back then they werent
concerned with polution (well kinda but not as anal as today) but they DID
care thatthe vehicle would gas the driver out.  If you remember back in the
late 70's there were a lot of people dying of CO2 poisening because their
cars had exhaust leaks and stuff.
THATS why the manufacturers say be ready to drive off.  Who cares if the
driver is freezing. ;)
I warm my car up every morning but I also have a turbo timer (no turbo) that
keeps the car running a minute after I shut the key off.  The guy before me
had this installed and believed that the engine should stay running about a
minute after the car has stopped (using the teory that the engine is at it's
hottest after you turn it off). I've never really worried about it and the
timer is a nice novelty item that makes my neighbor jelous. :)
-=John=-