From: "Fry, Larry" <LEF@chem-tronics.com>
To: Lisa Lutman <llutman@hotmail.com>, pbureau@home.com,
scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: Fuel mileage
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 06:19:01 -0800

Miles on a tank of gas?
What is a tank of gas?....13 galUS?  13.5?  12?  How many of you run your
tank until it's empty?  THAT'S a "tank of gas".  Miles per gallon is the
universal, precise way of stating fuel mileage (or kilometers/liter).

That said, all you featherfeet, ...what are your mpg's?   I've gotten as
high as 33.1 on a 12-hour (80-85mph for literally hours at a time) run from
San Diego to Salt Lake City. Then, this year on the identical trip (except
about 40degrees F. warmer), the 'Roc and I got only 30mpg.  The 'Roc is a
stock 16V with 190K miles on it.

Larry  sandiego16V