RE: Fuel mileage

--- "Fry, Larry" <LEF@chem-tronics.com> wrote:

> That said, all you featherfeet, ...what are your mpg's?
> I've gotten as
> high as 33.1 on a 12-hour (80-85mph for literally hours
> at a time) run from
> San Diego to Salt Lake City. Then, this year on the
> identical trip (except
> about 40degrees F. warmer), the 'Roc and I got only
> 30mpg.  The 'Roc is a
> stock 16V with 190K miles on it.

I've been averaging about 32-33 mpg on my 16v since I
replaced the stock transmission with a 4k / .80 5th.
(Stock gearbox, 30 mpg average)  On the trip to Jim's for
dyno day a month ago I got an amazing 39 mpg for one leg
(the one that included turning over 200k @ 100 mph), not to
mention about 35-36 the rest of the trip.

The '85 seems to average 33 or so mpg w/ a 4k transmission.
 Can't really say what the '80 gets since the odometer
currently in the car does not work.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80, '85, & '88 Sciroccos