Re: Fuel mileage

John,
         I've done about that on occasion -- 250 or so at 1/2 tank.  You'll
see it drop more quickly afterward and wind up at about 420 when you hit
the red line.  It'll net you about 36mpg (if you have a 16V with the same
size tank as  I do and a fuel gauge that's in-line with mine).

         I generally get close to 400 miles per tank.  Always > 400 on the
highway, and usually a little less in town.  I have an anal-retentive
spreadsheet so I can pull up the overall economy quite quickly:

1.8L 16V:  50984.8 miles @ 1694.887 gallons = 30.08 mpg overall
2.0L 16V:  1433 miles @ 43.007 gallons = 33.33 mpg overall

(The 2.0, despite being dynoed and beat up around town, has gotten better
overall mileage so far because about 1000 of those 1400 miles are
highway).  However, it's doing overall as good or a little better than the
1.8 did on the highway which leads me to believe that it might actually get
better mileage.

And re: Emissions, here are my results for the last few years (original O2
sensor, too!!)

Year    Mileage CO%     HC(ppm) Dilution%
1998    45494           0.00    17              15.15%
1999    61086           0.00    15              14.90%
2000    71019           0.11    67              14.60%
2001    76734           0.05    29              15.10%
LIMITS ARE:             1.20    220             X

Emissions in 2000 was with the engine only partially warmed because the
tech was in a rush.

He still can't get over the results; few cars this age pollute so little,
especially with the original O2 sensor.
My Mercedes blows an average of 112ppm HC and 0.11% CO at the ripe age of
13 with 160,000 miles on it.  *And* it's Euro-Spec. :)
So while that's great, it's not as good as my boy. :)

CIS cars are remarkably clean and fuel-efficient.  My Mom's Camry when new
blew a 3ppm and I almost shit (especially cause it beat my Corolla's 6)
until I took a 2-year old Mercedes S500 to get emissions tested and got
0ppm and 0.00%.

Jason