Re: CINCY 2002 DATES - VOTE! (Was: Re: Scirocco get together 2002)

Craig Williams wrote:

> And my whole family tells me I'm totally crazy to even think of doing this
> during the month of June. They are telling me that (especially in a car
> without A/C) I would be miserable and uncomfortable the whole way. I have
> to say they brought up some good points. I really don't know what to think
> about the whole trip now.

I've done a couple of cross-country trips by car, one of which was in June
and also with no AC - in a Datsun pickup back in '77.  We weren't exactly
comfy the whole way but I don't remember it being opressively hot either.

Two most important things if I were considering the trip - one, I'd have
to have a co-pilot, or at least another car to cruise with for the entire
trip.  Secondly, I'd have to be confident that the car was 100% up to the
rigors of such a trip - nothing worse than to be stranded in the middle
of Kansas with a busted 'rocco.  If you don't already have the AAA "plus"
towing service, I'd sign up for that before going.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA