Re: 1.6L engine?

> I have no idea if my last post went thgough or not 'casue I haven't seen it
> and I've sent it out like 6 hours ago. my question is : On the motor itself
> (the head actually) it says 1.6 but on the sticker on the bottom of the hood
> it says that it's got the 1.7. now I'm thinking, How big is the motor in my
> car? this has been the topic of much guessing on the part of my family and I
> really want to know? there is a whack of numbers also on the head and "Made
> in Germany" but it seems that I don't have the described 92 horsepower.,
> feels more like 78. the main thing is could I have a 1.6l motor in my '81
> 'roc? or just the head or wtf???
>
> Thanks
> Jerry CArter
> 1981 Scirocco Mk1

It's a 74 hp, 1.7L, 1715cc, EN engine...

It has the same head as the 1588cc, 1.6L engine.

There isn't much performance difference between a 1.6L and 1.7L...

--

Peter - http://thescirocco.com - Discount Techtonics, Peloquin LSD, Autotech-Quaife USA, Ronal USA, Motorworks, & Magnecor Dealer -  Bear, DE 19701                '79 Scirocco 16V 25 049
'83 GTI 37 505