1.6L engine?

I have no idea if my last post went thgough or not 'casue I haven't seen it
and I've sent it out like 6 hours ago. my question is : On the motor itself
(the head actually) it says 1.6 but on the sticker on the bottom of the hood
it says that it's got the 1.7. now I'm thinking, How big is the motor in my
car? this has been the topic of much guessing on the part of my family and I
really want to know? there is a whack of numbers also on the head and "Made
in Germany" but it seems that I don't have the described 92 horsepower.,
feels more like 78. the main thing is could I have a 1.6l motor in my '81
'roc? or just the head or wtf???

Thanks
Jerry CArter
1981 Scirocco Mk1