Re: lowering compression ratio for turbo

Well, what motor do you have now. I suggest just getting a JH motor. The
8.5:1 compression is IMHO perfect for a street turbo. You'll keep the squish
area, and be able to run at least 15psi boost, so long as you have
sufficient intercooling and enough fuel to make it work.  Go any lower on
compression and you'll loose so much low-RPM/off-boost torque that it won't
be fun anymore.

Pick up Corky Bell's book "Maximum Boost" and read up on it.

HTH,
Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0
78 Scirocco 1.8