From: "Neal Tovsen" <sixteen.volt@verizon.net>
Subject: RE: Por 15

I haven't done it, but the instructions say you can sand it. They also
mention that it is NOT easy to sand!

They make their own primer that supposedly doesn't require you to sand the
POR-15 before priming. I purchased some but I haven't used it yet.

At any rate, I would avoid using POR-15 on any highly-visible places if you
can. If you can't, plan on using putty to make it smooth again. Since they
recommend that you brush it on, it isn't exactly a perfectly smooth finish.
Also, there often seems to be a few tiny bubbles in the paint, though the
only time I got a lot of them was (I think) because I didn't let the metal
dry **completely** before doing the POR-15. I now do the cleaning,
MetalReady, etc. the day before I coat with POR-15.

I had let some POR-15 dry in the plastic container I was using while
painting the other day. Last night, I popped it out in one large chunk. This
stuff is seriously TOUGH! Even the paper-thin coating from the sides of the

-- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre