RE: lowering compression ratio for turbo

Stacking gaskets can work okay. However, it is a poor way to reduce
compression ratio. You end up altering the "squish" area (the area that the
fuel/air charge occupies at TDC) in a manner that reduces efficiency. In
fact, it is possible to ping more at a low CR than with a higher one when
doing this. The better way to lower your CR is with custom pistons.

Don't get me wrong, though. I can definitely be done with decent results.
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager
GENUiTY - Eastern Region
100 Wall Street, 10th Floor