Re: Tech: Eurosport Strut Support

If you are referring to the upper strut bar that bolts between the upper strut mounts in the engine bay, then, yes, there is a difference.  I believe the 8v bars will not clear the intake manifold/throttle body.  If you want a bar for an A1 16v then you will need to get a rocco 16v upper strut bar.  At least this is what I have been led to believe.  I had a Eurosport 16v upper strut bar on my 16v rocco and it worked fine.  I never tried to put an 8v bar on there.

Victor

>>> "Brian Wagner" <scirocco_88_16v@hotmail.com> 11/21 10:13 AM >>>
Is there a diffence between an 8v and 16v bar?

Will the 8v bar work on a 16v car?

If not anyone got a 16v bar they want to swap for an 8v bar?

If not anyone want to buy an 8v bar $45 plus shipping.

Brian

87 16v
86 8v (parts car)
85 Wolfsburg (new parts car)