From: Victor Farren [mailto:vfarren@dis.cdie.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 12:58 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: synthetic and conventional oil question

I bought a used VW Rabbit that has Amsoil in it.  I don't know if it has had
Amsoil from day 1.  I need to do an oil change and have regular Castrol oil
at home I was planning on using.  Anything wrong with this?  I know that
switching from conventional oil to a synthetic can cause oil leaks, but I
haven't heard anything -ve about going the other way around.

Another question.  Are the oil filters for 16vs and the JH 8vs the same?

Thanks,

Victor

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not
intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding
obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its
subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics
Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any
representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held
liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in
this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it.