Re: My new 80

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:37:51 -0500 Kervin Ridgley
<kervinridgley@earthlink.net> writes:
> I just got a MKI!  123,000 miles with a bunch of bolt ons.
> Here is the list of mods he gave me:
>
> Black 1980 Scirocco
> Koni sport suspension
>   -sport shocks with matching springs
> ARC alloy rims- 13" x 6"
> Comp TA's 205/60 VR 13
> Calloway front sway bar - lower sturt tie bar configuration
> Neuspeed front upper strut tie bar
> Neuspeed rear tie bar
> Suspension Techniques rear sway bar
> Polyurethane bushings front control arms
> Momo-Jackie Stewart leather steering wheel
> Neuspeed throttle body
> GMP sport camshaft
> GMP header
> Liestritz free-flow exhaust system
> Serck oil cooler - with sandwich plate thermostat
> stainless braided brake line set
> Cibie Quad headlights with high intensity bulbs and relays
> Bosch driving lights with relay
> Kamie mud guards
> Rabbit/Scirocco Bentley
>
> Here are some of the problems.  Rust.  I don't know what terminal
> rust really looks like, but this car has rust at the bottom of the back
> windows, at the door sills when you open the door and behind the
> rear wheels.  It also is musty inside so there is some other leak too.
> (No sunroof).  Currently this car turns over, but doesn't run.

> The car is mine, but I need to figure out what to do with it.  I
> want to give my nephew his first car.  I could give him this one or I
have a
> 82 1.7 sitting at my parents house that needs a new head (which is
> sitting in my living room), a muffler of some type, a side mirror and
one
> turn lens.  Which one should I give to him?
>
> Kervin
> 80 1.7 new-to-me-tonight and not running
> 82 1.7 MKII and not running
> 82 civic I don't know why
> 86 8v could keep up with the 740iL on the turnpike today!

Congratulations! Sounds like a decent old school Scirocco...

I'd keep the '80, get it running and repair the rust damage, or at least
stop it for now.

Btw, no sunroof is a good thing...

Peter - <http://thescirocco.com> - Discount Techtonics, Peloquin LSD,
Autotech-Quaife USA, Ronal USA, Motorworks, & Magnecor Dealer -  Bear, DE
19701
'79 Scirocco 16V 25 049, split sunroof dealer installed option
'83 GTI 37 505
'84.5 Scirocco 42 133
'84 GTI 63 348  -
SciRollers: '79 70 900, Rust never sleeps
'84 Black, '88 Red -
Thanksgiving TT Stainless Special - 10% off & $10 shipping
Free Rustfree Rabbit shell