Re: Importing VW's to North American WAS-->>RE: Scirocco on Ebay

Nathan wrote:
> So buy a car in Germany, drive it for 4 months...  Then when its no longer
> street legal, make it into a full fledged race car!  Simple!

This brings up an interesting idea :^D

Would it be possible to ship a car to the states from Europe if it was to
never be registered or driven on the street here in the USA?

A couple cases in point (for me when I win the lottery):
Lancia Delta Intgrale Evolution II
<http://www.whalley-integrale.uk.com/cgi-bin/evoll2.cgi>
In fact, one exactly like this was up for auction at the Monterey Bay
Historics this year.
<http://www.whalley-integrale.uk.com/martini6.html>

Ford RS 200
<http://devnull.owl.de/~cp/ReliantWeb/ford_rs200/>

Or how about the Volkswagen Golf Limited 1.8L 16V G-60
<http://vwgolfgti.free.fr/golf/limited/presentation.htm>
translated by google
<<<<http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://vwgolfgti.fre
e.fr/golf/limited/presentation.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dvw%2B%2522golf%2Blimit
ed%2522%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG>>>>

Buy it, bring to the states, keep it in the garage, tow it to events like
AutoX/Roadcourse schools/Virginia City hillclimb/Bonneville salt flat
runs/etc......
You see where I'm going with this?

or ??? (your favorite car)

Pipe dream or possible? :)