Re: bad oil filter

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 07:14:43 -0800 "Fry, Larry" <LEF@chem-tronics.com>
writes:
>  This weekend, after finishing the installation of the turbo on his
> MkI, which included an oil/filter change, my son fired the engine.
>  No oil pressure.
>  We did every diagnostic check we could think of, finally concluding
> that the newly-installed filter was at fault.  Sure enough, after
putting
> on another filter, we had normal pressure.
>
> Oil filter: Mann, P/N  W 719/5   YO6
>
>  Now, Mann filters receive high marks from the list, for quality. I
> guess this proves that, just because something has a good reputation
and
> is NEW, doesn't guarantee that it's GOOD.
>
> I'd like to return the filter to Mann so they can determine the
> problem, but don't have a clue as to how to reach them.  Anyone have
their
> address?
>
> Larry  sandiego16V

I'd return it where I got it from, or get the address from them.

Mark aka Adirondack and <mailto:potterman@parts4vws.com> sell the Mann
filters.

Tell us more about the Mk.1 Turbo!!!

Peter - <http://thescirocco.com> - Discount Techtonics, Peloquin LSD,
Autotech-Quaife USA, Ronal USA, Motorworks, & Magnecor Dealer -  Bear, DE
19701
'79 Scirocco 16V 25 049
'83 GTI 37 505
'84.5 Scirocco 42 133
'84 GTI 63 348  - SciRollers: '79 70 900, '84 Black, '88 Red -
Thanksgiving TT Stainless Special - 10% off & $10 shipping

Free Rustfree Rabbit shell