Re: [Blue Oil??]

"Bill Collins" <photo@intrex.net> wrote:
I just drained the oil from my recently purchased '86, and it had a blue tint!
 Any idea what this could be?  Is there some oil that is dyed blue?  Maybe
someone added dyed diesel or kerosene to clean out the engine?

Bill

I keep meaning to get the leak check dye that glows under blacklight ( since I
still have a gear oil leak.) What colour is that dye, is it blue perchance? (
it logically should be to show up under blacklight) Maybe they were trying to
figure out where some oil was going? Just a thought, but I've never seen the
dye so don't know for sure. (and don't ask why I'm still awake, dang kids)