Re: Translation - Germna to English

Hello Rick ( and all other people interested in this watch ),

here is some translation & info to that Scirocco watch in question...

> also,
> das ist alles höchst kompliziert und echt teuer.....ca.16 dm unversichert
> zund versichert so um die 40 bis 60 dm.
> also vielleicht kaufst du so eine uhr lieber gleich in der staaten...

the seller claims that it is complicated and expensive to send the watch to the States,
uninsured shipping would be about $8 and insured $20-$30
And she suggests to buy that watch directly in the States.

I don't know what should be complicated about that, so I guess the seller
has just no experience in sending things internationally.

I could help here in case you want to bid on that item.

The sellers suggestion to buy it in the USA
is quite odd, as AFAIK the german distributor
OLS never transferred any of these to the States .

However, the item in question is NOT an official VW watch,
it is made out of plastic and has a Scirocco-hologram on the display.
I don't own one of these but some of my friends do and from what I know the
production of this Scirocco-watch was limited to 1000pc.
and they were sold in a plastic case with certificate.
The quality of these watches was average
but still they were quite popular among the Scirocco-enthusiasts here.

The seller in this auction offers a used one with dead battery .

might still be interesting as they're not too common.

HTH !

friendly Greetings
Dirk