Re: Attn. Optima Users

The optima batteries, as well as the champion ones, who are now the same company (GNB and Exide merged) are made with the terminal posts closer to the middle.  This makes them have a more universal fit, so they can go in most cars, regardless of what side the + and - are supposed to be on.  They are also quite smaller in terms of width than the usual 42 series battery that goes in our roccos, so you may have problems securing it in the front.  I have a Champion Vortex too, but i have it in the back.  HTH

--

Doug C.
'88 16v

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup