Re: Stupid Scirocco!!! =(

I had the same problem.  With the lights that is.  :)  BFG.  The problem in
my 16v turned out to be the highbeam switch.  The highbeam switch is part of
the wiper switch assembly.  To get you working pronto, pull the bottom of
the steering column cover off.  Disconnect the plug from the high beam
switch.  FYI, my highbeam switch and plug were VERY hard to separate.  I had
to use a screwdriver as a wedge to separate the two parts.  I disconnected
the battery before I stuck the screwdriver in there because the top terminal
goes straight to +12v for the high beams!  Once you get the plug separate
from the switch you can put a jumper in so your low beams work when you turn
on the lightswitch.  Use your Bentley to show you which wires to jump.  GL!

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Champagne Edition