Re: Fw: Logo Infringement

I would have to agree.  These companies usually make a commission type
arangement where they make money if they can get someone to pay.  That
means they don't like to let up.

I would take the logo off for now, add a disclaimer at the bottom of the
page to the effect that VW is a reg. trade mark, etc.

Then I would side step the process and send a note off to VW of germnay
explain that you are a VW "fan" and you run a site that does not sell
any goods, and would like to use the VW logo to promot people to buy
VW's,if you get any kind of OK, stick the logo back on.

Just my .5 cents worth...

--
Cory Langford
'86 2L Oettinger Turbo Project

Take it seriously whether it is in english or not. Any VW logo used
could
cost you money, my question to the would be what is acceptable?
And since I am in Germany what does VW in Germany find acceptable?

I'd remove the logo and then ask them to view the page again to make
sure it
meets their standard. You have been marked by the infringement police
adn
they will hound you forever trying to make a buck.

Brian

87 16v
86 8v (parts car)
85 Wolfsburg (white coming to a garage near me soon)