From: L. M. Lloyd [mailto:ubik@austin.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 11:12 AM
To: Fry, Larry; T Berk
Cc: Scirocco List
Subject: RE: O2 Sensor Works HOW? was: Fw: RE:solder vs. crimp

Just a thought here. Perhaps the crimp is important because if they
know the type of connector used, then they will know the exact
resistance of the line. However, if you solder it, the quality of
your solder will effect the resistance. I have no idea how sensitive
this sensor is, but I have seen some robotic sensors that don't
recommend soldering for this reason.

The goal is to overcome the deliberate nature of the process.