Re: [OT] % of own work done on Roc (VW's)

Like Dick, I haven't done (someday I will) any internal tranny work.
Have done 3 fuel tanks in the past, in fact last week I dropped Ruben's (Mk1
2.0L Oettinger) fuel tank to have it stripped/coated which I will instal
next week.
I have also swapped out suspensions so often that I have gotten used to
"garage alignments" and done pretty well.
Mars will see an alignment shop in a couple weeks just to make sure it is
exact tho'.

I guess the only things I wont do/haven't done are:
Machine work on the Block (Overbore) or head (deck, Port and flow #'s)
Alignment of suspension F/R
Mount/Ballance tires
Final Paint and colorsand

Between my last 5 Scirocco's I have torn into near every part of the car.
Like most I am too poor and to anal to let anyone else touch my Scirocco's.
I guess I would be in the 90%+ category :)

Randy B
(Why let an incompetent mechanic have all the fun)