RE: suspension fun!/ crappy 6200rpm redline

Don't our 'rocs have a built-in fuel cut-off at that rpm?

Larry  sandiego16V

-----Original Message-----
From: MrAudi [mailto:mraudi25@epix.net]
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2001 10:28 AM
To: Scott F. Williams; scirocco-mail list
Subject: Re: suspension fun!/ crappy 6200rpm redline

fuel pump relay?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott F. Williams" <sfwilliams@home.com>
To: "Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2001 6:16 AM
Subject: suspension fun!/ crappy 6200rpm redline

> Dudes, I was blasting through the backroads last weekend and man are these
> cars fun. This was the very first time that I was able to turn the Mk1
loose
> on the hardcore twisties that it was built for. The car handles great and
> even got the car airborne a few times. The front struts don't offer enough
> rebound dampening, but I'm switching to something new, anyway. If anyone
has
> some used Bilsteins for sale, I'll take'm (wrecked is fine).
>
> I finally got around to bolting the rest of my roll cage in (the bracing
> section between the main hoops is removable; the rest of it is welded in).
> The increase in chassis stiffness is *incredible*. Now, keep in mind that
> already had a 6-pointer in there to begin with. My point is that anyone
with
> a hard-driven A1 should consider a cage. The improvement is tremendous.
The
> suspension just... works... I'm in love. :^)
>
> Okay, so what disturbed me througout the day was that the rev limiter (or
> something acting as one) kept pooping my party at 6200rpms. The engine
felt
> like it could scream past 7k or more without any fuss. I swapped a couple
of
> different ignition control boxes to no avail. What else could do this?
> --
> Scott F. Williams
> NJ Scirocco nut
> Golf GTI 16v rallycar
> Mazda 323 GTX turbo assault vehicle
> ClubVAC: "Roads found. Drivers wanted."
>
> Check out our rally team's website!
> http://www.usrallyteam.com

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not
intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding
obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its
subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics
Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any
representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held
liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in
this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it.