Re: Oil Light

I don't know if you all are still interested in oil lights, but I went
through that with my 86' 8v.  My light started going on with increasing
frequency above 2000 rpm.  I tore into the console and replaced the sending
unit (goofy little L-shaped circuit board), also checked both of the sensors
under the hood.  Damn thing still went off over 2,000 rpm.  So I hooked up a
oil pressure gauge over the oil cooler, where the high end sensor goes.  My
pressure was well over the 29 psi minimum.  So I grounded the wire that went
to that sensor on my battery ground, my oil pressure light never came back
on.  Year and a half ( and 10,000 miles) later, engines running strong.
Moral of the story, your wiring will eventually self-destruct.

Guy who said it happened on corners should check the pickup and the pump,
then check the sensors and wiring.  You could either have a pickup being
starved in the sump or a frayed wire that rubs on something and grounds out
in turns.