Re: [NON-Roc] Friggin VR6 headgaskets!!! ARGH!

The days of cars being designed to be easy to work on are long gone.  I recently looked under the hood of a VR6 Eurovan at the dealer.  You can't see the engine!  There is just a big plastic cover, held on by torx screws, with the dipsticks (engine and transmission) and various fluid fill caps sticking out!  On the earlier Eurovans (5 cyl) you could at least see the engine, but you had to hinge the radiator and grill down to get to the spark plugs.

I guess the next step is to just weld the hood shut and tell you to buy a new car when it breaks.

Bill