Re: ARGH! I'm so annoyed!

Zack,

Atleast you found the problem!  And, don't think of it as wasted
parts...those parts would have worn out eventually...think of it that you
just did a little preventative maintainance.

Eric

On Sat, 10 Nov 2001, Zack LeGrow wrote:

> All my problems with starting hot, then starting cold. then no
> starting at all, then starting, catching and stalling again, stalling
> when driving down the road, etc etc... I found the problem.
>
> I've replaced just about every sensor on the engine, the fuel pump,
> the check valve, filters, cleaners and valves everywhere, and the
> problem was a messed up IGNITION SWITCH!!!!!!
>
> All that money and time and parts were wasted because the last
> owner had their sound system hooked right into the ignition switch
> and then when he sold the car just proceeded to rip the wires out of
> it!
>
> Oooh, I'm so annoyed...
>
> *bangs head against wall*
> Zack LeGrow
> '86 Scirocco 8V - The Red Baron

Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
80 Scirocco (Parts car turned Daily Driver, mine)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic (SOLD)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (Katy is driving this for now)

-Kelli Fox