Re:[OT] Military Service

I spent 4 years on active duty and three years National Guard as a 63BH8
(wheeled vehicle mechanic and recovery operator) before tackling OCS and
branching Field Artillery. King of Battle!

I never would have believed that I would join the Army, much less enjoy it,
when I was in high school or even through my first go at college. After
dropping out of school to join the "real world" I found out real quick what
I didn't want to do for a living and the G.I. Bill/College Fund put me back
on the right track. I appreciate being able to help kids like I was sort out
what's really important and how to go about achieving those goals.

Cheers,

Christian Els
'87 16V

> ----Original Message Follows----
>
> Anyone on list been in the service?  Which branch and what did you think
of it.