RE: Lower subframe stress bar Q (fwd)

Mike,

The one I got would not fit the rear studs of Katy's 91 Cabby.  The studs
were farther apart than the bar would fit on.  And that was almost a year
ago when I bought that? (I did order it through you) So the bad batch idea
may not hold...unless he is still selling from the same batch from a year
ago.

I was really disappointed with that bar, and since getting a used Autotech
one, I see the build quailty/features are definately in the Autotech bar
and it is worth the money.  I have nothing against Eurosport, I think
Raffi is great and everything I have gotten from them, EXCEPT the subframe
has been great. Maybe this might get Raffi to concider re-engineering the
bar?

Not trying to start a flame war, or an anti-eurosport thread here, just
posting my personal experiences and opinions.  I feel the extra money for
the Autotech bar is worth it.

Eric

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Michael Potter@Parts4vws/potterman wrote:

> Jeeze guys....anybody hear of asking the guys who made it....it could have
> been a welding error. I'm sure they will replace it...that is if you ask.
> Funny how it fit on my car with no issues....& has been on & off with no
> hassles many times. It's got to be a bad batch...or just 1 from the
> batch...but they should know so they can check the rest of them.
>
> Later
>
> Mike Potter
> Virtual World Parts Inc.
> Sales@parts4vws.com
> 714-633-9380

Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
79 Scirocco (Parts car)
80 Scirocco (Parts car)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic (Katy's Daily Driver)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox