RE: 15in. Wheels on a Rabbit?

WaspHwy asked:
> will 15x6.5 in. wheels fit on my 84 gti? please take into account
> that i have bilstein sport dampers and neuspeed sport springs.
> what size tire would I have to run? thanks

Sure, that will fit. Just make sure that the bolt pattern is 100x4 and the
offset is somewhere around 35mm. I'd run a 195/50 tire. I used to swear by
the Dunlop SP8000 (still an outstanding tire) but now I'm thrilled with the
Bridgestone Potenza S-03. In fact, I went blasting around the backroads
yesterday with a road racer friend (he was driving). He said that he'd
*never* driven a street tire that was close to as good. That's enough for
me!
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut