From: Dave Ewing [mailto:rabbit16v@prodigy.net]
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2001 12:38 AM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: Re: [mk2] rear axle beam, anyone?

You might also want to check the bushings and the brackets that hang the
rear beam.  IF the beam is pushed over that much I may question your rear
suspension too (shocks).  Sorry to hear about that but, hey, we have the
coolest cars in the world that are the easiest to work on!  6 bolts and it's
on the ground!  (aside from brake lines and cables)  HTH!

Dave

  i noticed while changing my rear wheel bearing that the right wheel on
my '85 sits back in the wheel well further than my left wheel (which
appears centered). i know the car got smacked on the passenger side (can
see the body work), but the rear axle's a mystery. no problems with tire
wear or handling. i asked a couple body shops that buy parts from us and
they said it might be they (whomever worked on the car) might have used
the/a bent axle beam instead of replacing it like they should (screw
over the insurance companies!!!). i was just wondering if someone had a
rear axle beam in or around the columbus, oh area that they'd let go for
cheap or, preferably, free. only reason i ask that is because i'm not
sure if that IS the problem. i plan on checking for straightness on
sunday. just putting out feelers. thanx.

--
 /\_/\   Foxx (in a box)
< o o >   http://foxx.tripod.com

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not
intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding
obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its
subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics
Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any
representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held
liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in
this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it.