Re: no Brake lights 84 Jetta

At 4:47 PM -0800 11/2/01, Michael Leach wrote:
>My winter car brake lights refuse to work along with my reverse
>lights no voltage is
>getting to the lights....where is the brake light switch located
>....any possiblility
>that could cause both to not work....and yes the fuses are fine
>
>thanks
>
>=====
>Michael Leach--Rochester,NY
>87 16v
>97 A4 2.8 quattro

Well, since a) it's NOT a '97 A4 2.8 and b) you're NOT in Rochester
(change your damn sig, mike! <G>), that could be why.

It's an '81 Jetta?

I believe the brake light switches are located on the master
cylinder.  At least they are in my '81 Rabbit.  The Bentley wiring
diagram is the same for both the '81 and '82 Jetta and Convertible.
Check that.

The reverse switch is as you know, in the tranny. They go bad, I had
to replace one in my '84 Rabbit, and now in my '84 Scirocco.

On that topic, anyone have any tricks for getting on the bolts that
hold the reverse switch into the tranny?????

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |