RE: Anyone have a 2117cc 16V

At 09:58 AM 11/1/2001, Fry, Larry wrote:
>Longer rods are benefitial because they put lower side-loads on pistons,
>decreasing friction and wear.  Their added benefit of a decrease in piston
>speed is a moot point in our engines, since our engines are nowhere near
>critical piston speed.  They also provide for reduced inertial loads (apart
>from loads as a function of pure piston speed) on pistons/pins/rods, but,
>again, outside of a pure racing engine, this means nothing to us street
>people.

Right.  And to go one step back, though:  Engines that are oversquare (i.e.
have a larger bore than stroke) tend to be lower-revving, higher-torque
motors.  Undersquare motors (big bore, little stroke), tend to be smoother
and rev-happier at the expense of low-end torque.

...but that's just one of many, many variables.

Jason