Inflation and Rocs, was speaking of new VW's

--- "John C. Worden" <scirocco@powerlink.net> wrote:
> At 03:08 PM 10/31/01 -0800, Jan Folkson wrote:
> >In 1986 my 16V cost me about 15.5K with all options
> but leather.  I shopped
> >for a long time and got a great deal on it compared
> to the others that I saw
> >most were in the high 16s.  In it's day the
> scirocco wasn't as cheap as you
> >might think.  I'd be curios to see what some other
> comparable models were
> >going for in their day as well.  12K in '88, you're
> dreaming!
> >

> >- Jan Folkson  http://www.janfolkson.com
> >NYC

One way to look at Sciroccos is to consider that
inflation doubles every twelve years. This is known as
the Rule of 72. In todays dollars a Scirocco would be
one of your more expensive cars. I was driving an 84
Scirocco in 1987, and it was worth more than many new
cars then appearing at your local dealers. I remember
driving around in this immaculate machine and thinking
I was a prince amongst peasants.

Jorel