Re: How to tell a "G" grind cam

The 'G' is cast into the billet, and is on many VW solid lifter cams.

Except maybe the G grind... :)

It is unlikely that your cam is a G - but the best way to tell is to
profile it.

Drew

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Wm. Josiah Erikson wrote:

> Hello all,
> 	I think I might have a "G" grind cam in my Rabbit, which would
> make me sad because I love the way it runs and I don't want to take it out
> for FSP. Maybe I'll just turn my car into a D Mod car or whatever it would
> become with the cam. And get my ass handed to me. Hehe. Whatever. It's
> fun.
> 	So it says "G" on the shaft and it makes useful power up to like
> 7000rpm. Does this make it a G grind, or can I still think that maybe it's
> stock?
> 	-Josiah
>

> --
> '87 5KCSTQW
> '84 GTi
> http://insanetechnology.com

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca