From: "Foxx (in a box)" <foxxinabox@core.com>
To: <danws69@earthlink.net>
Cc: "roc (E-mail)" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>; <strtstr@mediaone.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: Woe is me

> no tensioned, you will need allen-style sockets (8mm IIRC);
> a hammer to tap the socket into the bolts;
> correct belts;
> CHARGE YOUR BATTERY NOW;
> long, strong screw driver to keep engine from turning while taking off the
> main pulley

  (assuming it's similar the 8v setup) there is a bracket on top of the
alternator that will need to loosened as well as one or two bolts
(depending on the car) on the bottom bracket of the alternator what will
have to be loosened. your compressor should have one bolt at the bottom
to loosen and a bolt lying horizontal in a sliding bracket that needs
loosening. there *might* be another bolt on the compressor adjustment,
but it should just go up and down. after that, everything is a piece of
cake. reverse the procedure and be on your way.

--
 /\_/\   Foxx (in a box)
< o o >   http://foxx.tripod.com