Why I Love My Car.

Sort of.

Tonite was the big prep for the trip west to Daun's.

Ostensibly, Brett was going to help me set the ignition timing better
after doing some cam installation this spring.

Well, when I noticed *no* lights in the car worked, it got way more intense.

I HATE dropping the fusebox on a 20-year old car.  All the plugs were
loose, or corroded, or loose and corroded.

Brett, handy with a teeny screwdriver and can of De-Oxyit, got
everything working again. While mowing the lawn and watching his two
kids....

Then it was on to the timing.  Had to adjust the timing belt, it was
about 3 teeth out...no WONDER the distributor was almost fully
advanced.

After that, a quick trip to Pep Boyz, grab some dinner, and the
ritualistic setting of the DPR mixture, and then a quick thrash thru
the nearest Delphi parking lot/midnight auto-x course. <G>

Ahh....that sound of raw screaming VW, the way God intended.

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |