RE: Car is psychotic...

Now your making wish I had kept the 50mm

-----Original Message-----
From: Cathy Boyko [mailto:losinit@usa.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 10:50 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Car is psychotic...

Well, my car now has a split personality! Up to 4000-4500 rpm, kind of
mild
mannered, Clark Kent sorta thing going on, after that LOOK OUT!!!!! Euro
cam
didn't make much difference on its own, but that big 50 mm manifold
YEEHAH!!!
Way too much fun, now if we could just figure out how to get the clutch
hold on properly, some serious trouble could be gotten into. Really
happy with
the manifold, thanks to the nice lister who sent it, it really makes the
car
scream at the top end, and the bottom is not as soft as I had feared,
quite
tolerable really.
As for my clutch,(OEM, 210 mm) it is new enough (late 2000, when the
engine
was swapped), what would be causing the slippage?  Not all the time, but
often
enough that it needs to be looked at. Any ideas? Jealousy is also
allowed,
what a spoiled little car.

Cathy, 1987 16V, 2L, TT exhaust and fuel module, 1.8 head, Euro cam, and
the
"big pipes" on top with a really crappy paint job and stereo.