Re: 16v Alt is... what exactly? Re: radiator fit

The way they mount onto the bracket it where the difference lies . Instead of
the long bolt going through the tube on the alternator there are two bolts
screwed into the bracket through holes in the alternator .
You can mod the 16v parts to lower the alternator and still retain the 16v
alternator itself . I remember somone having pics posted once . I did it by
cutting the top and bottom portions off and grinding the part where the alt.
bolts up about a 1/16 of an inch .

Jasin
black S