From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of David Zanotti
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 11:49 PM
To: tberk@mindspring.com
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Engine Problem Troubleshooting

More investigation:
Car is ok until normal temps are reached.  I tested injector seals and
looked for split vacuum lines.  No problems found.  Checked connections to
OXS and at OXS harness.  (did find a broken exhaust mount)  All connections
look good.  Checked coolant temperature sensor connection.  Looks good.  I'm
ruling out timing at the moment since cold running is normal.  No strange
puddles and engine temps seem normal.    My next step is to check the
differential pressure regulator and it's inputs.  Anyone have that special
test harness described in the Bentley?    I'm hoping the testing leads me to
the OXS, since it will be the easiest to deal with.  I'm wondering if a
simple procedure of unplugging sensor inputs and evaluating how the car runs
can do the same thing as all of the recommended electrical tests.  Any
experience?

David Zanotti