injector Q's

I pulled my 'jectors today, and inspected them for any signs of damage due to overheaing, etc, any otehr signs of abnormal happenings.  When  pulled them, the smaller o-rings showed extreme wear and weakness (cracking, 2 ripped)  The large orings were fine, so i put them (jectors) back in and the car runs the same as it did b4 (like shit untill somewhat warm, and even then it hesitates).  The hesitation while cold has improved after I reconnected the warm air flap (the vaccum hose was disconnected, so i found some thick (1/4" thick) walled rubber hose and rigged it up.  Now it doesnt run like massive shit when its cold, but still misses, hesitates (but not as much), and still has low power.  I can hear all the spark plugs firing at idle, and they have never missed a spark.  This makes me think that the injectors are the problem.  So, if the injector o-rings were that deteriorated, do yuo think they are the original? they still had VW parts ID's on them, but may have been bought from dealer.  Just making an estimate of teh age of teh 'jectors, so if they are fairly new, then i know there may be a dirt feul filter, etc..  so, this may seem like blab, but, it makes sense to me.

When i get the new injectors (via International Auto Parts- 54.20 each, compared to 111.37 each at NAPA) need some installation help.  Do i need to like disconnec the feul pressure accum?  is there still going to be pressure behind the jectors when the car is off and has been sitting for at least an hour?

Dan Miller

88 scirocco 16v 1.8l--the problem child--

87 golf GT 1.8l 8v--the beaten child--