Re: Oh lookie, ND finally got around to posting RESULTS. How convenient.

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> Im so not happy with this years show. Last years show was way better.
> Sorry to all those that drove/flew so far for a shitty show production.
<snip>
> I dunno man, this year's show just didn't have the same flavor and
> enthusiasm from the Scirocco.org crew as the previous 2 years shows. What
> gives people?
> Shawn Méze

I thought it was just me. Maybe it _was_ me. After seeing the pix Kevin
just put up I am (just  now) starting to feel like I missed something.

As it is I spent one and a half days with my pen pals from far and wide-
When the time came for make or break & I was still trapped in my
backyard (by a Honda, wagon no less)  I made my peace and spent an
entirely enjoyable afternoon with my car.

[ Current Status:
Front's still on jackstands awaiting an Idiot Check of the CV bolts.
Gas/Electrical/Cooling/Exhaust/Suspension are all back in place.  I
basically had the whole car, (except for the interior) apart and in pieces.

Rear end is tight (& firm! LOL)  with new rubber bushings up top and
used Konis begging for a Skyline run. Front has the other Konis, a
borrowed Wabbit axle on the driver's side (Torx-45!) and new poly
bushings on the front sway bar, all RED & Shiny.

Interior was gone over by a picky little lady I call my own and just
need the front seats slid back in, and the rear speakers (boxed) placed
in the cargo area.

Exterior is the only thing awaiting attention right now- a little bird
poop, eucalyptus leaves and the dust of many days coat a light patina
over the once glorious but faded Cosmos Silver paint job & carnuba wax.
The trim needs another Forever Black treatment (lasted a good two
years), the tires are new and the bottlecap rims are sparkly thanks to ,
well You Shawn & the Simple Green I washed them with.

Just need a jump for the station keeping battery I have in there and I
hit the road. ] end

Back to the topic; I feel I took this year's show for granted,
everything was down to the wire, hurry, hurry. When the day got here it
seemed almost anticlimactic.

It's funny, because I have a different feeling re: Cincy this year. Part
of the allure is the ride itself. Just getting there will be an
adventure. And the focus (based on common sense) is more on making the
car sound vs making it show car pretty.

Maybe there was some internal backlash towards the whole, "What make a
club", "What makes a show car" thing leading up to it. That and recent
events on a non Scirocco front have been distracting to say the least.

Was it just me or was everybody kinda waiting for something to happen?

Guess we gotta _make_ it happen. Now that it has come and gone I think
what coulda been.

TBerk