Re: [elec] factory fog light q

On Mon, 21 May 2001 08:11:54 -0400 Jan Folkson <jfolkson@optonline.net>
writes:

> I had a pair of Bosch Pilots installed as a dealer option when I got
> my car.
> They're wired the same way, they have their own switch, but only
> turn on when the main lights are on and they turn off when you put the
highs
> on.  So I would imagine that that's what they're supposed to do.
>
> HTH.
>
> - Jan Folkson
> NYC, NY
>
> http://www.janfolkson.com
>
> '86 16V
> '99 Passat GLS 1.8t
> '00 Beetle GLX 1.8t

Yes, that's how it is supposed to be.

But it is better to be able to turn the driving lights on and off,
independent of the headlight switch.

Peter - http://thescirocco.com

'79 Scirocco 16V
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84.5 Oddball Scirocco JH/FF
'84 GTI  - Parting out a Black '88 16V Scirocco  -  Rollers For Sale:
'79, '80, '84, '88 Scirocco